We clean the vegetables and wash them.
We then pass them through the robot (onion and pepper first).
Heat these vegetables in oil, add the chopped carrot to the robot and the spices (salt, pepper and dried basil). Let it boil for about 15 minutes.
Add the tomatoes given on a grater or passed through a food processor and let it boil covered, another 15 minutes on the right heat.
Wash the rice and add it to the pan. Put a cup of water (I put it twice) and mix quite often, until the rice boils (about 20 min.)
At the end we sprinkled chopped green parsley.
Bulgur pilaf ingredient
- 300 grams of fine bulgur
- 600 ml. of chicken or vegetable soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 60 grams of butter
- 1 medium-sized onion (80 grams), chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium-sized carrot (100 grams), cut into small cubes
- 1 large tomato, well cooked, peeled and grated on a large grater or 1 tablespoon of concentrated tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons baked pepper paste or 1 red roasted pepper, peeled and finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- optional: ½ teaspoon grated cumin
- optional: ½ teaspoon grated dried hot pepper flakes (biber pulp)
- salt, pepper to taste
- large chopped green parsley, sprinkled at the end
How to prepare bulgur pilaf
1. Put the bulgur in a sieve and rinse it quickly under running cold water. We let it drain well and drain it.
2. For our bulgur pilaf, it is good to choose a pan with a thick bottom. I use a non-stick pan, it is helpful for such dishes. Heat the pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the butter to melt. Where you can use ghee (clarified butter), no more oil needed.
3. Once the butter has melted, add the chopped onion, garlic and carrot to the pan in which we will prepare our bulgur pilaf. Add 1 pinch of salt, mix and sauté the vegetables over low heat for about 7-8 minutes, until the onion softens well (becomes translucent).
4. After the vegetables have softened, add the peeled and grated tomato on a grater or 1 tablespoon of concentrated tomato paste. Also now add the pepper paste or 1 baked red pepper, chopped with a knife. Mix well and, optionally, add the hot pepper flakes and cumin (if using).
5. Immediately add the chicken or hot vegetable soup. As a last resort, we can prepare our bulgur pilaf with water, but obviously it will not be exactly the same. A basic soup can be easily prepared at home, from the cheapest ingredients, as I explained here.
6. In the liquid in which we will cook our bulgur pilaf, add 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice, then season it with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Add the bulgur to the liquid base, all at once. Cover the pan with the lid, leaving a little room for the steam to come out, and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
8. After the first 5 minutes, reduce the heat to a minimum, cover the pan well with the lid and let the bulgur simmer for another 7-10 minutes, until all the liquid in the pan is absorbed. We also check the indications on the package, the bulgur may need 12 to 15 minutes of cooking. If we look closely at our bulgur pilaf, we will notice on the surface some holes through which the steam comes out. That's what it should look like when it's ready. Turn off the heat, put the lid on and let the pilaf rest for 5 minutes.
9. Before serving, loosen our bulgur pilaf with a fork. It unfolds nicely grain by grain, it will not be sticky at all. We present the pilaf on the table either in a casserole or on a plate that we arrange with volume. Let's not forget to sprinkle it with green parsley, chopped large, before offering it to diners. This bulgur pilaf is served hot, as a side dish to all kinds of meat dishes or just with cooked or grilled vegetables. I joined him to some Juicy skewers of chicken and vegetables, I also made a yogurt sauce with garlic and it was a delight!
Be useful to you, all my garnish recipes you can find them by clicking on the picture below.
Pilaf - 31 recipes
Cooking recipes by rice pilaf prepared with meat or various vegetables.
Pilaful is a dish of Turkish origin, but which has become extremely popular throughout the world, including in distant territories such as the USA. In Turkish, the famous rice dish is called "pilav", but it seems like dpdv. etymologically the name originates in turn in the person's language ("pilāv").
Method of preparation
Small potatoes in cheese sauce
Boil the potatoes in salted water for a few minutes - the frozen ones should only be rinsed in hot water. it
Tart with autumn vegetables
We prepare a tray with a size of 30/40 cm. or two smaller than 15/20 cm. We are preparing for the beginning
Smoked ciolan with prunes
Smoked pork chop recipe with prunes, leeks, black beer and mustard, seasoned with cloves
Dried plum food
Dried plum food, prepared onions, wine, oil and flour
Pilaf with mushrooms and cheese
Pilaf with mushrooms and cheese, prepared with bone broth, onion and butter
Pilaf with mushrooms and sour cream sauce
Pilaf with mushrooms and sour cream sauce, prepared with bone broth and margarine
Rice pilaf with dehydrated tomatoes and asparagus in brine
From the category “what else did I prepare with the ingredients received from Foodville via Ginei Bradea ”, I want to introduce you to a rice pilaf with dehydrated tomatoes and asparagus in brine, which may seem trivial, but I'll tell you it turned out really delicious.
About these ingredients, as I said in previous posts, only good!
All tasty, all to our liking, the basket is a jewel, so many thanks to Gina and Foodville !!
And on Gina Bradea's blog, you will also find a contest through which you can become the beneficiaries of one of the generous baskets with Foodville products, just by following the steps in the contest.
- For pilaf:
- 250 g of rice
- 1 onion
- 7-8 pcs. dehydrated tomatoes from Foodville
- 5 pcs. brine asparagus from Foodville
- basil leaves
- 50 ml olive oil from Foodville
- salt to taste
- a pepper powder
- a thyme powder
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 50 g parmesan
- To be served:
- sardines in oil, from Foodville
- baked peppers from Foodville
- squid in oil, from Foodville
- artichoke hearts, from Foodville
Preparation time: 60 minutes
[preparation title = & # 8221Preparation & # 8221]
How to prepare rice pilaf with dehydrated tomatoes and asparagus in brine!
Let the rice simmer over medium heat, and when it is almost completely hydrated, add a pinch of salt, thyme and pepper, the dehydrated tomatoes, cut into smaller pieces and lightly drowned in the oil in which they were preserved.
It is very fragrant that oil in which the tomatoes were dehydrated and it is a pity not to take advantage of its taste, so we will leave the tomatoes well greased, as long as oil is taken on them, we will not drain them.
Add 2 sprigs of rosemary, broken basil leaves and asparagus cut into small sticks.
Lightly mix all these ingredients, among the rice and leave it on the fire until it is well prepared, we will taste it from time to time to realize.
After extinguishing the fire, add the chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese and mix them lightly in the pilaf.
I like the pilaf to be colorful, so I often put various vegetables for a nice color.
This time I limited myself to dehydrated tomatoes and asparagus, because I wanted their taste to predominate in it.
We served this rice pilaf with dehydrated tomatoes and asparagus in brine, with the cans listed in the list of ingredients, each according to preference.
Spinach dish with rice and fresh tomatoes
It's fresh spinach time. Fortunately! Because especially now, at the beginning of spring, we really need an infusion of fresh green and as many vitamins as possible.
Spinach is an old-fashioned food, not a last-minute invention. I think all housewives do it, one way or another. I just wanted to show you my version, with rice, sweet and sour due to the fresh tomatoes and flavored with a fine nutmeg powder. You can give up the nutmeg if you don't have it at hand or you don't like it (like, you don't like the nutmeg.). Let's face it, simple boiled spinach is not exactly who knows what, that's why it needs fresh tomato cubes (ok, they can be canned, especially if it's homemade canned), which will give it a little taste. fresh-sour.
RICE WITH TOMATOES
But, I thought of you too, so that you don't remain uneaten until I return
so I scheduled this post in advance with a rice with tomatoes, delights, post.
Not to mention that I don't think at all about those of you who fast
It is made very simple and of course, it can be served as a side dish to meat.
1 and 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (tomatoes in broth)
Saute chopped onion in oil, add rice and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add salt.
Add some of the water (hot), mix from time to time, when it evaporates, add a little more water and so on until the rice is cooked.
Then add the tomatoes and let it boil for another 5-7 minutes.
It would be preferable to use diced tomatoes, so that the tomato cubes remain whole and look beautiful.
I had some tomatoes in my mother's jar that were quite mashed.
Anyway, I know they were good and natural & # 128578
If you use tomatoes in broth, make sure they do not contain citric acid (most of them contain, but there are some brands that do not contain).
Other Food Filters
Appearing in the Ottoman Empire, sarmalele have gained a place over time on all holiday tables. Sarmales are.
Along with potatoes, rice is also one of the foods that are most easily accepted by children. Certainly.
Indian food is loved all over the world and is appreciated for its special flavors. C & acircnd.
Pilaful is always a kind of tasty and nutritious food, and if it is prepared with chicken it will only be good.
To prepare a tasty and nutritious pilaf you can also use turkey meat. She will be able to fry properly because.
Chicken pilaf is a delight if we know how to cook well and use spices.
The meat pilaf is one of the Romanian dishes that is easy, quick to prepare and that is to everyone's liking.
This recipe is my favorite, because I managed to taste the chicken breast. Specifically, I made a combination of icircntre.
Yes, rice cake and not pilaf, as you might be tempted to believe. There is this dish and it is really delicious, according to you.
The pilaf made by my grandmother is one of those copious memories of my childhood. I hardly managed to redo the recipe.
The classic Italian risotto must be creamy, and for that we must choose special rice with round grain and not & icircl wash.
How to prepare pilaf
1. Prepare the ingredients and sauté the onion
Prepare everything before you start cooking, because as soon as you start cooking, you can't stop it: the rice will absorb the liquid even if it is taken off the heat and will form a paste with an unpleasant taste. Boil the softening liquid (twice the volume of the rice). Cut the onion into rice-sized cubes and harden to soften at the end of cooking. Do not let it brown, it should soften with the rice when it is ready.
2. Pearl and add liquid
Simmer the rice over low heat, without letting it stick (if it sticks, the starch forms a crust and the rice boils harder). The volume of the boiling liquid, which is added later, must be twice the volume of the rice. Put a garni bouquet (bouquet with thyme, bay leaf and parsley, tied with string and lowered together in the boiling pot), which will give flavor to the boiling liquid.
3. Bring the rice to a boil
Boil the rice at 180 degrees for 16-20 minutes in the oven with the lid on. To know if it's done, taste it. Be careful not to mix, because the starch will dissolve in the remaining water and will form a kind of glue that will make the rice pasty.
4. Let the rice rest
Rest allows the rice to completely absorb the liquid without breaking down. Leave it on the corner of the table, well covered it will stay warm and will absorb all the boiling liquid without becoming pasty.
5. Add butter and separate the rice
This operation helps to separate the glued grains and gives a little smoothness to the rice. Place thin slices of butter on the surface of the rice and mix with the special roasting fork.
Master chef's advice: for a good pilaf, use an aromatic liquid according to the chosen recipe: a white poultry stock to accompany the poultry, a fish stock for the fish fillets.
Master chef's trick: if the lid you use when cooking rice in the oven does not close the pot tightly, put a parchment paper parchment over the rice, under the lid, so the evaporation of the liquid will slow down and a perfectly made and very good rice will come out. soft.