- Dish type
- Pies and tarts
- Savoury pies and tarts
- Meat pie
- Lamb pie
- Shepherd's pie
This delicious vegetarian pie is perfect for every family, vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. And you'll find that it's really economical to make too – perfect if you're trying to budget.
57 people made this
- 1kg (2 lb 4 oz) potatoes, cut into chunks
- 500g bag frozen Quorn® mince
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium parsnip or turnip, finely chopped
- 1 medium courgette, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 5 heaped teaspoons Bisto® Vegetable Gravy Granules
- 15g (1/2 oz) butter (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:45min ›Ready in:1hr5min
- Put the potatoes into a large saucepan. Cover with boiling water and add a pinch of salt. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, put the frozen mince into a large saucepan and add the carrot, onion, parsnip or turnip and courgette. Measure in 450ml (3/4 pint) boiling water, then simmer for 15 minutes without a lid.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Fan 180 C / Gas 6. Drain the potatoes, then mash them with the milk and season with black pepper.
- Sprinkle the gravy granules into the mince mixture, stirring until thickened. Transfer to a baking dish and top with the mashed potato. Add the butter in a few tiny knobs (if using), then bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
Just before the pie is ready, make up some more gravy by sprinkling 4 heaped teaspoons of Bisto® Vegetable Gravy Granules into a jug, adding 280ml (1/2 pint) boiling water, stirring until thickened and smooth.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (1)
Fab recipe. I did find that I needed to add a bit more water but other than that it was fabulous. Recently turned vegetarian. Made this for me and my meat eating son. He didn't know it wasn't meat. Absolutely loved the recipe.-16 May 2018
Supermarket delivery Bishop’s Cleeve
Do you want to meet the benefits of supermarket delivery in Bishop’s Cleeve? Get groceries like Essential Waitrose Smoked Mackerel Fillets, Waitrose Chantenay Carrots and often Essential Waitrose Citrus Thick Bleach at home! Large and small groceries from departments as Health and Fresh Savoury Slices of manufacturers such as Voss and / or Kellogg’s. You find them comfortable and at a good price at the online supermarket. Supermarket delivery Bishop’s Cleeve brings your order where and when you want. Research whether a formula such as Pets at Home and Farmfoods drop the groceries in your hometown. For people living in Lochgilphead it is not comparable with Shard End. Look what’s possible in your postcode area (e.g. CB24 9LN0 or DN3 2BN0). You see immediately if e.g. Tesco delivery in Bishop’s Cleeve is active in your city. Lillia (36, Midwife) Shops a lot at the online supermarket “I take the delivery cost for granted. It saves a lot of time”.
Sunday, 26 May 2013
Bestest ever car tune
The good people over at Carcraft are on the hunt for the nation's favourite driving song.
You know, the one that makes you want to wind down all your windows, belt it out full volume and get funny looks from fellow drivers at traffic lights.
In a bid to keep everyone happy in the car, there are a few tunes that are pretty much guaranteed to please both us and our five year old.
Ruby's favourite song is I bet you look good on the dancefloor by the Arctic Monkeys, and I felt pretty proud that at aged 4 she could hold her own singing the lyrics.
We like a bit of Kings of Leon and The Jam are always good for some car seat boogieing.
Wayne's World stylee, Bohemian Rhapsody has to rank up there pretty highly, although I do get a bit nervous when hubs starts headbanging at the wheel.
We have a CD in the car of local band Sister Ray which is also a firm favourite, regularly requested in the car. I think the female lead has now gone solo and performs as Genna Marabese - check her out if your musical taste is of an avant garde nature. I like her a lot.
However, there is one clear leader in the best car song stakes. Much as I love ANY remix by Mark Ronson, the version of Valerie by much missed Amy Winehouse will always get everyone singing along. Everyone - even me, who doesn't even sing in the shower.
Disclosure: This is a featured post in association with CarCraft. All words and dubious musical choices are my own. Please see my Disclosure Page for further details.